Drupal 8.2.0 is a free and one of the most SEO friendly open-source content management systems(CMS) written in PHP language and requires a MySQL database. Drupal is one of the most popular systems for managing content in your website and the popularity of using Drupal in creating websites is because of its amazing functionalities that eases the management, customization and maintenenance of website according to changing business trends.
This is a minor version (feature release) of Drupal 8 and is ready for use on production sites. See the CHANGELOG.txt for a summary of changes and improvements since the last minor release. Learn more about Drupal 8 and the Drupal 8 release cycle.
This minor release provides new improvements and functionality without breaking backward compatibility (BC) for public APIs. Note that there may be changes in internal APIs and experimental modules that require updates to contributed and custom modules and themes per Drupal core’s backwards compatibility and experimental module policies.
Easier to place and configure blocks on pages
The new experimental Place Block module allows placing blocks on any page without having to navigate to the backend administration form. After selecting the region for placement, block configuration can be adjusted in a modal dialog allowing full control of all the details.
There is also a much easier way to modify block configuration, with the experimental Settings Tray module. Editing a block opens a tray in a sidebar with the block’s title and other settings. For the site name block, for example, you can edit the site name directly in the sidebar. For menu blocks, you can adjust the menu there.
Critical bug fixes
- #2807705: FormattableMarkup::placeholderFormat() can result in unsafe replacements
- #2783079: DRUPAL-SA-CORE-2016-003 Completely broke IIS drupal deployments
- #2773333: Form validation errors, status messages on form submission are shown after page refresh when form is rendered in block
- #2776235: Cached autoloader misses cause failures when missed class becomes available
- #2567715: #markup generated by #pre_render callbacks do not get processed by ensureMarkupIsSafe()
- #2782009: Create a field with the same name as one being purged results in data destruction of the new field
- #2776357: Upgrade path for Config translation synchronization failure
- #2702227: Image styles for private files are serving the original instead of derivative
- #2804675: Tests using TestDatabase class are stuck in an infinite loop in Windows (8.2.0-rc2 only)
Improved authoring features
- #88183: Relative URLs are automatically converted to absolute ones when content is output to an RSS feed.
- #2490136: Enabled revisions by default on new node types.
- #306662: Added a redirect option to site-wide contact forms.
- #2513402: Whenever a new entity is created, a link to it is now provided in a status message, for easy access to it regardless of the form workflow.
- #2090937: Styled CKEditor dialogs to match Drupal dialogs.
Top 3 Reliable Drupal 8.2.0 Hosting Providers
Their robust, shared hosting plan with super speed and adequate allocated resources. Very suitable for individuals, college students and businesses which need good response time without compromising quality. For their paid service, They also give you Uptime and 30 Days money back guarantee.
ASPHostPortal.com provides quality and reliable Drupal 8.2.0 hosting services at affordable prices. They guarantee 99.9% uptime for your site. They have three available payment methods: PayPal, Visa and American Express, so you can pay for their services from all around the world.
Their professional in-house support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most of the time they respond to support inquiries within 2 hours. In addition, all of their hosting plans included with 30 days money back guarantee and as a rapidly growth and trusted company, you can depend on them to serve continuous reliable web hosting.
DiscountService.biz offer Plesk Control panel with one-click installer for you to easily install and maintain multiple copies of DotNetnuke, Umbraco, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and 300+ scripts. They also offer zero-click install which pre-install any popular script when they setup your web hosting. Their hosting platform is also fully optimized for all popular scripts such as DotNetNuke, Umbraco, WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
They provide fully managed web hosting services to all their web hosting clients. They offer setup assistant on all popular scripts. They also provide free migration service to transfer your websites to theirs easily. They will make sure your website is always in tip-top shape. They are happy to answer any question you may have about your hosting and they make sure that any concern you may have is fully addressed. They offer 24/7 support via email and ticketing system. Customer Satisfaction is their #1 priority.