A good website hosting company is essential, because once you have designed and made a good company website, getting it live and keeping it live on the internet are hugely important to making it a successful website. When choosing a website hosting company, do not just go for the company which offers the lowest price, because this company may not necessarily be offering you the best value for money. We have compared 50+ in Australia, to present reliable and the cheapest one for you.
- MDL-61275 – GDPR Consenting of Minors and Managing, Versioning and Tracking Privacy Policies and User Consents
- MDL-61292 – A new admin tool to manage policy documents
- MDL-61423 – Add age and location verification to identify minors
- MDL-61302 – Workflow to allow users to agree to all policies
- MDL-61301 – Report of user agreed policies and their versions
- MDL-61705 – Bulk accept of policies on behalf of users
- MDL-61864 – Include policy tool in core
- MDL-62286 – Add policy link to the site footer
- MDL-61306 – GDPR Data Requests and Data Registry
- MDL-59718 – A process to send a request to the data protection officer
- MDL-59720 – Delete personal data when it is no longer required
- MDL-61307 – Create a new privacy subsystem
- MDL-61362 – Ability to create data categories and purposes
- MDL-61486 – Data registry with purpose and retention period
- MDL-61489 – Report of plugin/components implementing the Privacy API
- MDL-61499 – Ability to set default purpose and retention periods for context levels
- MDL-61785 – Ability to review and confirm which expired data can be deleted
- MDL-61899 – Include data privacy tool in core
- MDL-61935 – Ability to specify the lawful bases for the collection of personal data
Question bank tagging improvements
- MDL-61066 – Expanded tagging functionality for question bank
- MDL-61133 – New modal to add/edit/remove tags on questions
- MDL-61135 – Filter questions by tag
- MDL-61138 – Show the list of questions in the ‘Add a random question’ dialog
- MDL-61363 – Ability to add question tags at a course level in the edit question form
- MDL-61364 – Manage tags at a question and course context level
- MDL-61380 – Allow filtering/adding random questions by tag for quizzes
- MDL-61410 – Add import/export support for course level question tags
- MDL-61444 – New capabilities for tagging questions
Reliable 35% OFF! Moodle 3.5 Hosting in Australia
DiscountService.biz offers a variety of cheap and affordable Moodle 3.5- Hosting in Australia plan to fit any need. No matter whether you’re starting a website, their Windows ASP.NET Web Hosting plans are exactly what you’ve been looking for. Their price is also affordable and included with 30 days money back guarantee. Click this picture to view more details about DiscountService.biz.
DiscountService.biz specializes in providing web hosting service to customers in Australia. They was established to cater to an under served market in the hosting industry; web hosting for customers who want excellent service. They started as a group of IT professionals to introduce a new standard in the fast changing environment of web hosting. Their mission is to achieve your 100% satisfaction, which is guaranteed by their professional service and friendly support.
With experience on various hosting platforms and operating systems, particularly Windows and Moodle 3.5-, they bring a wealth of knowledge and the capability to handle any hosting needs. This experience also comes with the support and knowledge their customers have come to rely on. They ensure that customer’s questions are resolved timely and effectively and from friendly and respectful customer support team.
They only use the best servers in the industry. The servers are placed on the data center with world-class facilities, thus ensuring highest performance and reliability. They also monitor the server to ensure your data is properly backed up and recoverable so when the time comes, you can easily repair or recover your data. The backup is always ready and available for you.
4 Tips Before Choosing Moodle 3.5- Hosting Provider in Australia
Before you hand over your money to a web host, it’s important to decide what expectations you have for your website or blog, and then to make sure the provider you’re considering can meet or exceed your needs at a price you can afford.
One important factor to consider is the amount of storage space and bandwidth the hosting company offers. For most blogs and business websites, these numbers aren’t crucial; the basic packages sold by most companies have more than enough space available. However, if you are planning to include large amounts of audio and video content, or feature many high-resolution images, bandwidth and storage space become a concern. You may need to purchase a premium package that allows more than 3 gigabytes of storage space and higher than normal bandwidth.
Number of Domains Hosted
Another vital consideration is the number of domain names the web host will allow. Again, for many personal or professional blogs or small business sites, multiple domain names probably won’t be a concern. But for larger business sites or those businesses that plan on developing a major web presence, having more than one domain name can be a real asset. Those individuals or companies will want to make sure that the web host they’re doing business with will be able to support the expansion of their business by offering hosting of extra domain names.
You may also want to think about whether or not you want your hosting package to include multiple email accounts. Many people falsely believe they’ll never have a need for more than one or two email addresses, only to find themselves expanding their business and not having enough email accounts to accommodate their increasing staff. If you’re starting a business website, and you think there’s even a slight chance your business may grow in the future, having a hosting package that offers multiple or unlimited email addresses can save you some hassle.
The availability of tech support for you website is also a vital thing to consider when choosing web hosting. The hosting company should ideally offer some sort of 24-hour technical support, otherwise you run the risk of having your site go down and no one being available to help you restore it. Most web hosts offer tech support through a mix of phone help and live chat. If you’re relatively inexperienced with the ins and outs of web hosting, making sure your host offers 24-hour phone support is one of the smartest moves you can make.