A good website hosting company is essential, because once you have designed and made a good company website, getting it live and keeping it live on the internet are hugely important to making it a successful website. When choosing a website hosting company, do not just go for the company which offers the lowest price, because this company may not necessarily be offering you the best value for money. We have compared 50+ in Australia, to present reliable and the cheapest one for you.
- MDL-48501, MDL-61600 – Migrate to reCAPTCHA v2
- MDL-51189 – Quiz: now possible to edit user overrides even if quiz is not available to a student
- MDL-60241 – Invisible default sections lead to unexpected visibility layout
- MDL-61344 – Assignment: “additional files” are now shown in Edit Submission view
Plugins will be available for Moodle 3.3 and 3.4 to help Moodle sites to comply with GDPR. In Moodle 3.5 they will be included in the standard distribution. Some necessary core changes were already included in this release:
- MDL-61307 – New Privacy subsystem
- MDL-61477 – Allow plugins to handle site policies and overwrite $CFG->sitepolicy
- MDL-61423 – Signup process – add minimum age verification
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-60815 – Fixed bug with loading CSS for editor
- MDL-61549 – Fixed bug with empty user name on Participants page if username is included in user identitfy fields
- MDL-60812 – Select correct default role during manual enrolment
- MDL-58006 – Assignment: reset ‘Blind marking’ status during ‘Course reset’
- MDL-58845 – Choice: hide “unanswered” column when it is set so in choice settings
- MDL-56688 – Single View & grades export should follow the same order set in gradebook set up
- MDL-61305 – Performance: Modinfo cache can get built in parallel
- MDL-61249 – Corrected end date for manual enrolments
- MDL-61242 – EQUELLA repository: fixed error “The source url does not match the sourcekey.”
- MDL-61175 – Change “Remind me to grade by” date according to the new course start date after course restore
- MSA-18-0005 Unauthenticated users can trigger custom messages to admin via paypal enrol script
- MSA-18-0006 Suspended users with OAuth 2 authentication method can still log in to the site
Moodle 3.4.2 Hosting in Australia
DiscountService.biz offers a variety of cheap and affordable Moodle 3.4.2- Hosting in Australia plan to fit any need. No matter whether you’re starting a website, their Windows ASP.NET Web Hosting plans are exactly what you’ve been looking for. Their price is also affordable and included with 30 days money back guarantee. Click this picture to view more details about DiscountService.biz.
DiscountService.biz specializes in providing web hosting service to customers in Australia. They was established to cater to an under served market in the hosting industry; web hosting for customers who want excellent service. They started as a group of IT professionals to introduce a new standard in the fast changing environment of web hosting. Their mission is to achieve your 100% satisfaction, which is guaranteed by their professional service and friendly support.
With experience on various hosting platforms and operating systems, particularly Windows and Moodle 3.4.2-, they bring a wealth of knowledge and the capability to handle any hosting needs. This experience also comes with the support and knowledge their customers have come to rely on. They ensure that customer’s questions are resolved timely and effectively and from friendly and respectful customer support team.
They only use the best servers in the industry. The servers are placed on the data center with world-class facilities, thus ensuring highest performance and reliability. They also monitor the server to ensure your data is properly backed up and recoverable so when the time comes, you can easily repair or recover your data. The backup is always ready and available for you.
4 Tips Before Choosing Moodle 3.4.2- Hosting Provider in Australia
Before you hand over your money to a web host, it’s important to decide what expectations you have for your website or blog, and then to make sure the provider you’re considering can meet or exceed your needs at a price you can afford.
One important factor to consider is the amount of storage space and bandwidth the hosting company offers. For most blogs and business websites, these numbers aren’t crucial; the basic packages sold by most companies have more than enough space available. However, if you are planning to include large amounts of audio and video content, or feature many high-resolution images, bandwidth and storage space become a concern. You may need to purchase a premium package that allows more than 3 gigabytes of storage space and higher than normal bandwidth.
Number of Domains Hosted
Another vital consideration is the number of domain names the web host will allow. Again, for many personal or professional blogs or small business sites, multiple domain names probably won’t be a concern. But for larger business sites or those businesses that plan on developing a major web presence, having more than one domain name can be a real asset. Those individuals or companies will want to make sure that the web host they’re doing business with will be able to support the expansion of their business by offering hosting of extra domain names.
You may also want to think about whether or not you want your hosting package to include multiple email accounts. Many people falsely believe they’ll never have a need for more than one or two email addresses, only to find themselves expanding their business and not having enough email accounts to accommodate their increasing staff. If you’re starting a business website, and you think there’s even a slight chance your business may grow in the future, having a hosting package that offers multiple or unlimited email addresses can save you some hassle.
The availability of tech support for you website is also a vital thing to consider when choosing web hosting. The hosting company should ideally offer some sort of 24-hour technical support, otherwise you run the risk of having your site go down and no one being available to help you restore it. Most web hosts offer tech support through a mix of phone help and live chat. If you’re relatively inexperienced with the ins and outs of web hosting, making sure your host offers 24-hour phone support is one of the smartest moves you can make.