Drupal 8.1.9 is a free and one of the most SEO friendly open-source content management systems(CMS) written in PHP language and requires a MySQL database. Drupal is one of the most popular systems for managing content in your website and the popularity of using Drupal in creating websites is because of its amazing functionalities that eases the management, customization and maintenenance of website according to changing business trends.
This release only contains bug fixes, along with documentation and testing improvements.
- It is especially important when updating to this release to follow the instructions when updating core, specifically removing the /core and /vendor directories before replacing files, so that removed files are properly removed. Failure to do so may result in fatal errors after the upgrade.
- There is not yet per-commit testing for MySQL 5.7.9 or MariaDB 10.1.8 (both released October 2015), but there are no known issues with them. We intend to add per-commit testing on one of these databases in the future.
- Particular Apache configurations may have issues with serving public file assets. Issue: #2619250: Disabling -MultiViews in .htaccess can cause 500 errors
Changes since 8.1.8:
- #2787187 by claudiu.cristea, grahl, azinck, Fabianx, dawehner: Data loss: Deleting a translation of an entity deletes all file_usage entries for files referenced by the entity
- Revert “Issue #2787187 by claudiu.cristea, grahl, azinck: Data loss: Deleting a translation of an entity deletes all file_usage entries for files referenced by the entity”
- #2787187 by claudiu.cristea, grahl, azinck: Data loss: Deleting a translation of an entity deletes all file_usage entries for files referenced by the entity
- Revert “Issue #2551785 by roland.molnar, nod_, MattA: Unable to scroll toolbar menu items or show contextual links on mobile browsers”
- #2682461 by arunkumark, jonhattan, quietone, benjy, xjm, RavindraSingh, catch: Add links to documentation in all migrate process plugins
- #2760905 by anavarre, claudiu.cristea, amitaibu, dawehner: The documentation should be more explicit about PHPUnit requesting the webserver user to perform all functional tests
- Revert “Issue #2744197 by Boobaa, Wim Leers: Proper private file support for images uploaded via EditorImageDialog”
- #2744197 by Boobaa, Wim Leers: Proper private file support for images uploaded via EditorImageDialog
- #2794207 by alexpott: sys_get_temp_dir() can return a path with a trailing slash
- #2551785 by roland.molnar, nod_, MattA: Unable to scroll toolbar menu items or show contextual links on mobile browsers
- #2787619 by hussainweb, phenaproxima, alexpott: CckMigration does not type hint CckPluginManager correctly
- #2618332 by phenaproxima, jonhattan, rakesh.gectcr, mikeryan, neclimdul: Better handle replacement of missing filters with filter_null
- #2787639 by hussainweb: MigrateCckFieldPluginManager mixes up its behaviour for creating and loading definitions
- #2788343 by mikeker: Entity Reference error message has “@value (@id)” in it
- #2764699 by catch, lainosantos: class “Drupal\user\UserServiceProvider” not found
- #2783117 by eloiv: views.api.php variable $view->name does not exist
- #2777451 by markdorison, er.pushpinderrana, alexpott: @see references not forming links in documentation
- #2490290 by willzyx, Mile23, alexpott, tim.plunkett: Subclasses of EntityListBuilder incorrectly override the #empty message
- #2786195 by larowlan: Deleted block is not removed from the block list
- Revert “Issue #2786195 by larowlan: Deleted block is not removed from the block list”
- #2782009 by alexpott, swentel, reblutus: Create a field with the same name as one being purged results in data destruction of the new field
- #2706951 by Jo Fitzgerald: Field instance migration rollback fails
- #2706947 by Jo Fitzgerald: Field migration rollback fails
Top 3 Reliable Drupal 8.1.9 Hosting Providers
Their robust, shared hosting plan with super speed and adequate allocated resources. Very suitable for individuals, college students and businesses which need good response time without compromising quality. For their paid service, They also give you Uptime and 30 Days money back guarantee.
ASPHostPortal.com provides quality and reliable Drupal 8.1.9 hosting services at affordable prices. They guarantee 99.9% uptime for your site. They have three available payment methods: PayPal, Visa and American Express, so you can pay for their services from all around the world.
Their professional in-house support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most of the time they respond to support inquiries within 2 hours. In addition, all of their hosting plans included with 30 days money back guarantee and as a rapidly growth and trusted company, you can depend on them to serve continuous reliable web hosting.
DiscountService.biz offer Plesk Control panel with one-click installer for you to easily install and maintain multiple copies of DotNetnuke, Umbraco, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and 300+ scripts. They also offer zero-click install which pre-install any popular script when they setup your web hosting. Their hosting platform is also fully optimized for all popular scripts such as DotNetNuke, Umbraco, WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
They provide fully managed web hosting services to all their web hosting clients. They offer setup assistant on all popular scripts. They also provide free migration service to transfer your websites to theirs easily. They will make sure your website is always in tip-top shape. They are happy to answer any question you may have about your hosting and they make sure that any concern you may have is fully addressed. They offer 24/7 support via email and ticketing system. Customer Satisfaction is their #1 priority.